Saturday, September 15, 2007

Today was wonderful!

Today was wonderful.
Some days it is so much easier to praise God and be grateful. Today was one of those days for me. Today went smoothly and had several nice gifts. I wrote my biology report yesterday and wanted to look it over this morning. So I woke early and checked the GPS bus route map and found that I could either leave very early or be very late. And organic chem labs do NOT like you to be late. At all! So with four minutes til the next bus I was out the door. But I kept forgetting things. Like breakfast, and my keys, and my copy card to print my paper between labs. And my head. And brain! But I ran and distinctly remember putting my phone in my pocket. At the bus stop there was no bus. So I knew I had missed it and began walking. Quickly but still eating my cinnamon swirl bread. When out of no where came another bus. Its wasn’t the one I had missed. It was another one. And I was not at the bus stop. So I ran with my one hand on my backpack and the other full of bread. And I made it! Do you know how often I miss the bus like that? How often I run and just end up winded and silly and without transportation?

I arrived early to class but not intact. I forgot my goggles, which my TA could have sent me home for. But he took pity on me and lent me his extra pair. And the lab was fun. I really enjoyed it. I am actually looking forward to the next one. I did well! That is always fun!

My biology was printed, I think it went well, especially considering I am not certain exactly what they wanted in this case. And lab was enjoyable. We got to examine fertilization of sea urchins. How random and fun! Egg and sperm really are amazing!

And on the lawn of the school as I was leaving was a Brazilian band playing, with families gathering on blankets, couples dancing and everyone being drawn in to the joy.

I can home and found I hadn’t actually lost my phone during the course of the day, which is wonderful! And I went jogging (or rather sprinting today) and at the end of my trail I saw three deer. In metropolitan Washington DC! Three! There were seven boys, who looked like juniors or seniors in high school sitting there in a lee of trees. And they stared at me as I can round the corner. And as I tried to act nonchalantly out of breath and tired I saw the deer. One of the boys looked less susprised than the others and said that he had seen them before. In fact he claimed they had chased him off.

It was a wonderful day. And I made it my whole circuit running almost flat out. I am dead tired, but it feels good. After a difficult week, it feels wonderful to have a good, where I accomplished academically, emotionally and physically. Today is a good day. Time for salmon for dinner and maybe even a sweet potato with sugar and butter.

No comments: