Tuesday, September 11, 2007

New appreciation for communication.

Having my own blog has given me a new appreciation for communication, the Internet, and all my other friends who have blogs. In fact I actually read them now! So everyone needs to write more often. I do hold some level of ambivalence of about blogs for the simple reason that I they don't necessitate actual involvement with people. You can check in on their lives without butting in at an inopportune moment, but they also don't know that you have ever "caught up" with you by checking out what is going on in their blog. It makes me a little sad. Which just reminds me that I wanted to thanks you guys who have left comments. Its like getting a wonderful note know that you are interested.

Today is a strictly biology class day but my physics problem set for the week are due tomorrow at 6 AM so all my studying will probably be directed in that way all day. I really foresee this first semester going relatively quickly, which would be wonderful. As I was explaining to my best friend Samantha, I feel like this is not the year to be expanded as an individual in society. If it happens to some extent I will be grateful. And I think a certain amount is necessary to remain not crazy or overwhelmed. But I also feel like this is the year to "get 'er dun." The sooner over, the quicker on the really interesting stuff.

I am hoping to make some more friends in the area, which has been happening slowly. Ah well, good progress is generally never as fast as one would want it to be.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yes, it is nice when people have blogs and you can at least check in with how they are doing. :) Mine is on livejournal though. You can find me at http://kilverstone.livejournal.com/