Wednesday, September 19, 2007

I refuse

I refuse to fail physics. And last night I actually learned something and put it all together and did well!! Now I just have to get through all these tests coming up and survive those with grace.

On the friends and family front, things are still a lot bumpy. Crisis seems to pop up everywhere around me. But so far I am doing well. Things come in waves. I feel some guilt for doing well.

Last night I celebrated my triumph in physics by cooking up a some steak I bought on sale two days ago. It was fantastic. Coupled with a sweet potato with loads of brown sugar and butter and finished off with Krusteaz lemon bars, it was a great way to end a day. The best part was the physics triumph, but the steak came in close second. With lots of A-1.

3 comments:

Mary Alyce said...

Dear, sweet Lili,

Don't you know that we who are going through "bumps" (though mine feels like Mt. Everest) find joy in your success?! Of course, Declan and I wish you were here...or us there! But, just knowing you're there and doing well is a big plus. btw, Declan pulled his "I MISS LILI" card out the other night when he was being reprimanded for something. Always makes me grin.

Mary Alyce

Anonymous said...

You're doing great Lia and that's what matters! I mean seriously the family and friends will say things and do things that might seem harsh or judgy but it's hopefully because they care. I'm trying hard to remember that as hubby and I uproot our lives here and start over back there. :P

BTW you're totally going to rock Physics.

Anna said...

Hooray for a physics success! And I wish I enjoyed cooking as much as you do - I barely manage to feed myself and it's rare that I have more than 2 days worth of food in the apt...! I'm amazed that you cooked an entire meal ;)