Monday, January 21, 2008

When 26 degrees seems warm

I got home just now from spending the long weekend in New York with my best friend, Samantha. Getting off the Chinatown bus in DC the temperature seemed balmy and warm in comparison to the wind chill and freezing weather of NYC. I had wonderful weekend, attending a party celebrating Samantha's roommate's birthday and meeting some of her friends. Saturday we went out to eat at an "Irish" pub just north of Columbus Circle on the upper West Side. We lunched on shepherd's pie and chicken pot pie. It was fun, but I definitely feel the need to make my own shepherd's pie that is better! I know that I can do it! That night we mellowed a little, watching that wonderful film "Joe vs. the Volcano," a Tom Hanks classic. Then we went out to meet with friends on the upper West Side, enjoying some bad NYC service.

Yesterday (for those of you who know and care?) football playoff happened. We watched all day. Or rather, Samantha and later her friend Emily watched. I read and occasionally paid attention. Though I have to say I was disappointed when the Packer's lost, because then Emily felt forced to make disappointed faces and take pictures of them. Actually, that was kinda fun.

After the weekend with wind chills taking the temps under 0 degrees Fahrenheit, DC at 26 (heading into the teens tonight) seems balmy with out the wind.

No comments: