Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Travelog swift and silly

As always at the last minute of a personal trip to see friends, there is a scramble to cram things in. And I tried. I was not, however, willing to sacrifice my last sleep in day of the vacation. People were busy scurrying around. I slept in. It was wonderful. Mom and I went to lunch at Taco Time. When my plans for last minute coffee dates didn’t come through, I cashed in my mani-pedi gift certificate from Christmas then ran to get my hair cut. It was wingding running. Pretty fantastic. I think, for now, that my hair look pretty good. It’s always nice to feel like at least you are looking well as you start a new year.

We celebrated Mom’s birthday two days early so I could be there. We had dinner at Buca di Bepo. It was great. Lots of tired jokes were made by everyone. The pictures can’t do justice to the laughter around the table.

This morning I didn’t wake until my Mom woke me despite my cell phone alarm. It was . . . sketchy. Silly me. It was snowing as Mom and I left the house, with some accumulation. The traffic, even at 6:30 am was clogging up on I-5. Yet everything all seemed smooth. (Are you waiting for the other shoe to drop yet?) I checked in, got through security in record time for Sea-Tac, and was waiting patiently. I checked my phone left on silent and noticed I had four missed calls. That is a large number, especially for roughly 7 am! My father and mother had called separately to inform me that I left nothing essential . . . except my keys! Luckily I was set to arrive early enough to as the super to let me into my apartment with the spare set. Dad fedexed the keys overnight. Silly Lili. Thank you, Dad.

No comments: