Wednesday, January 9, 2008

No sleep leaves a hangover

I didn't sleep a night ago, because I was packing. I guess I got about an hour. Net result- today I have a hangover. I slept great last night. I arrived into my apartment fine. After yesterdays little no keys hiccup, it was really nice to see my apartment, take a relaxing bath, push past the fatigue to get all my bags put away and vacuum up all the annoying tinsel from my Christmas tree. I am fairly certain that I will never use tinsel again because it not only stuck to everything, came off everywhere, and disappeared into the farthest reaches of my apartment, it also clogged my vacuum hose, wrapped around the beater bar, and wound irremovably from the upper motor. Needless to say, I am less that please to realize I need to dismantle my vacuum to clear up the mess.

Today I slept relatively late, enjoyed the sun pouring through my shades, and the 60 degree breeze through the opening in the window. I even bothered to put on makeup this morning (though the hair needed to be pulled back, since it was irredeemably crinkled from sleeping on it wet).

My classes are predominately on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays with three classes back to back in one large lecture hall. Three hours, no breaks. Physics, biochemistry, and organic chemistry. In that order. By the end of the O chem today I just a little cross-eyed. Despite the lineup of nightmare classes, I am hopeful that with a lot of planning, a lot of work, and little or no sleep, I should be able to pull this off. We'll see! I am also open to dropping a class too.

So now I am just left with organic chemistry lab class, normally on Monday afternoons. Then return home to start the study, eat miso soup, and have an early nights sleep. Despite the killer lineup of classes, there is two distinct advantages: I have a weekend again (hurrah!!!!!); and I have Thursdays completely free. Hopefully I will be able to use it wisely as a complete study day.

I will post my yesterdays reflections tonight when I return home, along with pictures of the celebration of Mom's birthday. I was too tired last night.

No comments: