Thursday, January 17, 2008

Did you know?

I live in Washington, DC? How incredibly random is that! Most of the time you just get in the groove. Go to school. Go home. Study. Sleep. Go to school. Today I desperately needed some things from beyond the scope of my 2 mile world. I rented my Flexcar (actually its now a Zipcar, ugh, I miss the old company). Driving slow because the increasing amounts of snow, I followed the usual path across the Key Bridge, through Rosslyn, past the Pentagon. It was a beautiful wonderland, cobblestone streets covered, bare branches painted white arching across narrow byways.

My way home was different, however. I learned a new way home from my cab ride from the airport that cut a great deal of time. Coming across the Memorial Bridge from tranquil and beautiful Arlington cemetery, seeing the wonder of the Lincoln Memorial through the heavy, snow filled clouds. It reminded me how beautiful this city has been designed to be. How incredibly amazing it is. Even the Kennedy Center and the Potomac River looked dramatic against the backdrop of a gray scaled city.

How crazy is it? You get used to seeing the same thing, used to a city. You don't see the wonder of it until something random changes, like unexpected sun, or snow. Then all the world is a magical.

No comments: