Sunday, January 13, 2008

Complain, complain

For the second night in a row I am up still at 5:30 am, inexplicably. I have really enjoyed having Aunt Janet in town for conference. Tonight we did dinner for the second time at Georgetown Five Guys (still the best burger I think I have ever had!) and going to see Bucket List with Morgan Freeman and Jack Nicholson. It was not a comedy quite like I planned, though there were definitely funny moments. I enjoyed it, though I think they could easily have made it simultaneously funnier and more soul searching and life defining. I think glossed over the difficulties of a death creeping up on a person. The premise was interesting and good at least.

I am still awake though. Ugh. I am annoyed as well! Is this delayed time difference problems? Now that I have had plenty of sleep or something . . . . that stupid high pitched whining from out the window is also driving me nuts. But I can't close the window otherwise someone will find me several days in the future, laid out on my bed, smoked like salmon ready for a cream cheese dip. My heat is up so high I just need to throw water on it and sell sauna timeshares. Got to love the East Coast and no climate control. And it could be worse. They could just not turn on the heat at all!

Getting into the swing of classes this week will help, increase the stress and sleep need.

No comments: