Thursday, October 11, 2007

Today will already be too long

Today started out well. And I am determined to finish it well, if you must know. I woke on time to listen to NPR as considered getting out of bed. And remembered to eat breakfast. My eyes are still partially red, so glasses for the third day in a row. A pain, but adjustment can be made. I was late, as usual, running close to the time to leave. In fact the day started normally. I remembered everything I needed before I left the building, and I even threw on makeup as last ditch effort to look good, or at least normal.

However I did manage to be considerably late by that point, waiting in the abruptly changed weather conditions, shivering in my sweater, hoping to bus wouldn't take too terribly long. And then I fell, collapsed as it were, down a small set of stairs in front of someone. It was definitely embarrassing. And it really hurt. And the pants are new! Never been worn before!

I arrived as school 20 minutes late, and tried to quietly enter class (which I was not so successful at) and as soon as I sat down, my whole body ached. My neck, back, knees, ankles, and the top of my foot suddenly felt intimately every place where they had respectively made improper contact with something, an yank that was out of the normal.

So now I am tired and running on less sleep and I ache. Which is bad. It is all combining to urge me to just go to sleep instead of trying to face this particular day, at just this precise moment. Which is the reason it is bad, because I have a large amount of work to do today. And needs must it get done today, so tomorrow I can run over it in my mind. We'll see how it works.

That was an utter lot of nothing. Sorry.

No comments: