Thursday, November 15, 2007

Would you love to see someone beaned by one of these?

I see this (or something similar) everyday as I walk to school, since fall start. I have been meaning to take a picture of one. I remember running to school in the wind during fall semester at the UW trying to dodge falling horse chestnuts on 17th, trying to avoid a minor concussion on my way to learn. Apparently many schools have this ritual. Although the winds haven't been back here, I would pay money to watch people walk to school here during the height of this fruit season and high winds. This is a picture of a London plane tree. I will have to give you a picture of the ones I see on the ground. Think softball size. If the horse chestnuts could serious dent my car, I think these ones could break my head!

1 comment:

Mary Alyce said...

I know!! I know!!!! It's a sycamore tree! My brother and many of the other mean boys from school used to throw the Sycamore balls at me and the other girls.