Saturday, November 24, 2007

In New York with Samantha

And it is really starting to get East Coast cold. I decided that since I had never been in to FAO Schwartz, we would try there. But  . . .  a long line started around the block and that idea fell by the wayside. I wasn't going to buy anything . . .  all of New York is starting to get all hopped up for Christmas. It is a very different change from Thanksgiving with Hope and the girls which was very laid back. And nice. I am feeling excited to get home and finish out my year strong in school. Really make a serious showing in my classes.

The trip up yesterday was very quick. I can't laugh enough about the great deal that are the Chinatown bus lines. 35 dollar round trips just seems insane. How can you make money at that? 

I will post pictures from up here tomorrow when I get home. Right now I am typing from Apple store which is really a cool structure. I am impressed. Then I think a quick walk through Central Park to walk off the Olive Garden lunch. And the enjoy the crisp air. I think I will definitely have opportunity to use my new "cashmere" scarf I bought to interchange with the wool one  I have been wearing so frequently already. I am impressed the wool one has done so well, since Mom and I bought them with Dad in DC my sophomore year in high school. That is a really long time ago!

Sorry for the scattered thoughts. I will talk more coherently again soon! 

No comments: