Sunday, November 25, 2007

New York after Thankgiving!

These are some of pictures of Samantha and I in New York this weekend. I really enjoyed the time off and away from DC and even from Seattle. Nothing to do but enjoy (and study, yes, yes). But we also caught a movie, Disney's Enchanted, which I have to say I throughly enjoyed. Partly because it had Patrick Dempsey aka McDreamy. It also had fun with the ridiculous concepts of love Disney style, with happily everafters guaranteed. You may think of Steven Sondheim's musical "Into the Woods," but this was definitely not as dark ending. This one had a happy ending as well as a measure of unreality but was still really enjoyable. I thought it was a pretty good kid movie too!

We went shopping yesterday I got some very enjoyable items, filled in some more holes of my Christmas gifts. I am really looking forward to giving these away! We stopped to look at the unlit Rockefeller Christmas tree. There were thousands of people in the area and trying to take a picture. It was crazy. Which continued as we walked north. Good thing we had filled up with Olive Garden earlier, soup and salad and bread sticks. We stopped at the Apple store, as I said yesterday. But fairly quickly moved into Central Park where I took some of the later pictures of the arch and leaves falling. We tried to catch tea at Alice's tea shop on 73rd, but the wait was long and we settled for Starbuck's across the street.

Topped with a Barnes and Noble stop, a dinner at a Chinese restaurant interestingly named "Ollie's" which was busy but fun, and then a movie, it was a wonderful after Thanksgiving day.


1 comment:

robin said...

Wow, nice coat! Nice kid!
Love you little one, thanks for sharing your NYC Thanksgiving tour.
Dad