Saturday, March 29, 2008

She is the onion queen, young and sweet


So I must admit. In another month I will have lived in DC for a total of 1 year and this is the first time I visited the Franklin Delano Roosevelt Memorial. It was amazing. (All the pictures from this particular outing are on the slideshow that is the currently on the right side of your screen.) I had planned on going down to the Mall, almost hitting a couple of tourists and then heading for a longer, harder bike ride on the Mount Vernon trail or up the C and O Canal. However I wimped out at the same time as my camera battery died and I realized despite the fact it was really warm outside (55 degree) and the fact that all the tourists around seemed dressed as though they were in Siberia (I mean, really, yelling at your kid 'cuz he took his gloves off because it was so so cold is excessive). However the wind was blowing and I was riding with thin running shorts on at "high speeds" against the wind. So took lots of pictures and then went grocery shopping. Which was good. I love cereal.

As for the onion queen, I saw them on sale and thought, "Mmmm, sauted onions, good idea." Then I got home and realized I had apparently had a similar thought recently while shopping. Twice. So anyone need two of my three bags of Trader Joe's onions, give me a call. Anyone of the 9 actually onions I own would be pleased to go home with some who will actually be able to use all of them!
Well, on to homework, then taxes. Good times, what can I say. The video is a quick (emphasis on quick) snapshot of the crowds around the Mall for the Cherry Blossom Festival, which started today and brought thousands to town. It really is spectacular to see Capital so adorned.

No comments: