Friday, March 21, 2008

Easter is coming, and the box is still waiting

Tomorrow is my birthday and Easter is Sunday. Time is a flying. Mom was amazing and sent me a "cake" in a box: devil's food cake, instant chocolate pudding, and cherry pie filling. She told me to be on the look out for another one, which I am very looking forward to. I made the birthday gift into a chocolate cherry cake for Angela and Michelle, friends from college who stayed with me the night before last. We took a middle of the night tour of the city in a Zipcar, after we picked up Angela from Union Station at 1 am after her train was held up in New York for 2 hours. I really enjoyed having visitors, but I definitely delayed getting out of town to North Carolina yesterday meandering about my morning.

Today Missa and I both woke late and went to the Southpoint Mall to return somethings. I bought sunglasses and a top that was on sale. Tonight we went to a wonderful dinner at a Cuban style restaurant. Now we are watching a movie and some basketball with the Matts and Missa. Its a mellow way to spend Easter break, but I am enjoying different vistas and voices.

No comments: