Friday, March 28, 2008

Pray. . . I need the A

I just finished with an early (obscenely early!) morning test in physics. Unlike last time were I walked out frustrated and then figured out my solution was right the whole time and my calculator had serious user error, this time I found answers for everything on the multiple choice test. I was right on target. I do have to say that the angles of refraction and prisms and that whole shindig, are nightmares of trigonometry. I could not figure out my whole deal on one problem (ok, two!). Finally, after drawing successively bigger pictures and finally ending with one that was half the size of the page with every line and possible complementary angle labeled, did I figure out I was trying to find the wrong thing. I was try to find the angle of the light from the prism and the question asked for the angle of light between the two outside light rays (as they meet in the middle). Thank the Lord for multiple choice tests. I wouldn't have even realized the difference between the two if I had been able to find the right answer the first time! There were two problems back to back with similar wording but different pictures. And who trusts the pictures anyway! I will next time!

I feel . . . better than I have in a little while. I think my Dad was right (yes, I can admit it). Even though I had been giving myself what I thought of as appropriate time for rest, I was still heading for burnout. Hopefully that is staved off for a little while longer. I think the problem has not been lack of "down time." I believe the problem has been identifying activities that are actually quality rest time. I think if I spent more time doing things like really cool bike rides around, and less time vegged out in front of the computer with the Tv on in the background, I would feel better overall. And most likely be a better student. It is hard to get out and about without someone to do it with. As I have become more settled in, I have become less proactive about where I search for relationship. I have been relying on school friends to my everyday interactions. I am looking forward to having work interactions again too, which tend to communicate different ways.

Its funny how you can be lonely and stressed out and anxious, and still be happy and enjoying the quirks of people and the sun and the cherry blossoms. I can't figure out life, or the Lord. That is for sure!

No comments: