Monday, February 11, 2008

Despite

Despite possibly failing a test just now, I feel relieved and excited. I had a fairly good day overall. It was amazingly cold. The high was 32 degrees. Freezing. With windchill added in, it was cold enough to delay school in some Western areas of Virginia and Maryland. I got to school half iced over and just in time to miss the first physics question. But I got there in time! Biochem has started to speed up unnervingly but it buildings on foundations. This was smoothed over by the 'cup-o-joe' from Saxby's that went down smooth. Organic chemistry consisted of a question answer period that unnerved me more than anything. But Jonah, Andrew, Dave and I all went to Chipotle after, the Monday tradition, and enjoyed good food and random conversation.

I studied tout seule until our organic lab recitation (where the prof explains the upcoming). Then Lei-ann, Dorothy and I went to dinner (Subway for me). Later Greg joined us. It was fun. We talked about life and crap and everything. It got a lot more stuck in my head than would have otherwise. Lei-ann and I are planning to get together once a week to try this learning technique a little more often. Maybe others will even join us.

The test can be classified as nothing but difficult. However they seem more doable this semester. Somehow there seems to be more rhyme and reason to it all. Hurrah! Lei-ann drove me home (which was wonderful considering the walk to the car solidified my extremities to icicles) and I even got to flirt a little with a nice looking fellow in the elevator.

It should be noted at this point that my father, who has been going through trial by fire in his first teaching job, starting directly into the classroom as the lead teacher in two subjects, has decided to momentarily retrench in responsibility. What form that will take, everyone involved is unsure. Like everything else in my life away from DC and school, it leaves much . . . unsettled. However, I feel sanguine about the change. I know that all three people involved in these decisions are capable: my father, my mother, and God.

No comments: