Saturday, December 8, 2007

I guess I don't ...

Apparently people care about not getting bailed out. This article in the Washington Post yesterday shows anger over the possibility of mortgage freezes to help out those with adjustable rates due to change. I don't understand. People are in rough spot and getting help, and you are whining because you don't need the help too? I understand that it seems a odd. People having been losing their houses for years for debt problems and we haven't cared, but now we are bailing them out en masse. Except not. Any of these proposed ideas would only affect a few borrows and have limited scope.

I just don't get it. "I not up a creek without a paddle and I am mad because someone else is getting an oar." All of these people who would be affected are still going to be making difficult payment changes. Money is still going to be tight. Does that make you happier? They are still going to suffer.

Here are some blogs I followed links to. I was amazed. And saddened.

1) Housing panic. Avoid this first one if you are at all queezy. It contains alot of rancor and hatred.
2) Houseing doom. This one seems a lot more reasonable and contains links to many articles, websites, and other blogs. This link is to a post about a new Monopoly game
3) Seattle bubble. This one mostly last local articles.

No comments: