Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Glib words bite you . . .

After I blogged so glibbly about West Coast/East Coast weather, I learned that not only was the West Coast getting snow, then sleet, but that it was also currently getting hurricane force winds and that in fact a few people died (4 at last count). Needless to say I felt bad about complaining about our measley 25-50 mph winds. I mean, when the Washington DC news covers the Northwest, which I generally think they would like to fall off along with California, you know bad stuff is happening! I-5 closed. Its the end of civilization for Seattle!

I still jest, but it is serious, I hope my family is well. I can't imagine losing family so abruptly from something so inconsistent and unexpected as winds and weather.

Well, I am off to study some more . . . as usual. Pretty much all I do these days. Study. Just as it should be. But come December 18th, I am free as a bird! (for three weeks any way!)

No comments: