Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Work: Day 2

The day started strong with meetings almost back to back. I got to see the site of our biggest current project and my client got to show me all the cool things he has been working on. It definitely came home to me today that I came as the sky was falling at the office, in terms of all the things going on. Luckily my work crew is really good overall, but everything going on is crazy. By the end of the day, however, I was pretty exhausted. Like all my coping skills and perspective got thrown out the window.

On the home front, Oscar, my Oscar has been feeling a little punk. Merissa was supposed to take him the vet today, but I am not sure how that went. Though I realize that part of me should be prepared to lose him at his age, I know I never will be. With Mom busy, there is definitely some stress of things to worry about.

On a humorous note, everyone joked about me stepping in at a difficult time. One person even joked that I may be secretly considering calling an old boss and polishing my resume. When I told Allison, my boss, jokingly about it and she was ready to go hunt them down and take them on. She was seriously (though amusingly) peeved.

No comments: