Saturday, September 20, 2008

Kitty ahead

I have been officially ok'ed to own a kitty by the Homeward Trails Animal rescue people, local animal fostering/adoption organization. To cut down on overall costs of maintaining animals longer than county shelters that are forced to euthanize, they have many people foster the animals in there own home. I think it is really cool way to make sure that animals are able to live long enough to find good adoption homes. Some take longer than others. How cool is that?

Anyway, I was interested in two kitties, both of which seemed beautiful and easy. Someone (kittywise) that would transition into my home easily and not mind being taken to Mom and Dad's for long vacations around Christmas, one who would enjoy the dogs! Unfortunately both have their little drawbacks, and one is getting somethings worked out. Which is best for me even though I don't want to wait at all. Its been close to a month since I started the process and my "adoption coordinator" and I talked tonight, she apologized. Normally it doesn't take this long. As much as I want Tammy (hopefully my kitty) tomorrow, I know its better that I have actually started my job (or have a real start date). Pray for both. I need to make money for bills.

No comments: