Sunday, September 28, 2008

Savannah and other catie issues


Today I met Savannah. She was a complete darling. Very sweet and affectionate. Not a super hard core personality, she just wants to hang out with the peoples. Any peoples. Which makes me a little worried for how Samantha would handle her. Although she is not a lap cat, she does really want to be nearby and seeks attention from anyone who walks in the door. I almost feel like maybe I am not social enough for her. I think she would enjoy a high traffic house, with lots of people coming and going and her able to demand the attention of them all. Maybe a family, with many people, kids and parents, etc.

I felt similarly to the meeting with Katie. Right afterward, I felt completely unsure. The longer 
I thought about it, the more I figured out how it could work. But I am still unsure. As I talked it over with my mom, she reccommended meeting a third cat. So I headed up to PetMac DC, which is a pet store and adoption center, which always has some cats on hand. I met Spice, who was a cute little calico who was ridiculously small since she just finished nursing a litter of kittens. She didn't mind being held for a little bit but definitely didn't find it super exciting.

Happily I met the adoption coordinator for another cat I had been interested in, Hazelnut (known now as Gabby), while I was in the store. She offered to bring Gabby to visit on Friday night to my apartment to meet and maybe even try her out. I am tempted. I really was hoping this could be settled now, but I just have not "fallen in love" with any of these kitty. As enjoyable and beautiful as they all are, none of them have touched my heart. Perhaps I just need to go to a shelter and pick?

(Top two are Savannah, bottom is Hazelnut/Gabby)

No comments: