Monday, September 22, 2008

Good news, bad news. Ain't that always the way.

I was suprisingly awake at 8am this morning to the tune of WAMU (the local NPR). This alarm goes off every morning but n0t all mornings does it actually wake me. Normally bad news increases the likelihood of me waking: Huge drops in the stock market; trillion dollar government bailout packages; DC rep's worrying about DC violence and gun laws. This morning it was just the usual. Or at least usual for lately. Bad economic news, etc. I get the economy in the morning with a little political coverage (I normally turn it off then) and the presidential race in the evenings with Samantha and MSNBC. As much as I appreciate the humor most of the time, I will be very ready for a good candidate to be picked and move on from the election to good, well thought out reforms. 

At just a little after 9 though, I got excellent news for my own personal economy. I have been cleared to start my job. So at the latest I will start Monday, maybe earlier. Though this is excellent news for my bank account and personal economy, its really bad news for my plans to do nothing for days on end. . . In all seriousness I am looking forward to occupying my mind on more than just waiting for a kitty and improving my French skills.

No comments: