Sunday, June 15, 2008

TMI to totally nothing . . .

Yes, just focusing on MCAT prep, living at my cousin Hope's, and not being required to constantly check assignments online has moved me from telling everyone, everything, all the time to nothing, rarely and never. Its not all entire intentional. I have been puttering around with few terribly exciting developments. I started taking practice MCATs. My first today went entirely well and I have 5 more practice ones to go, so its all only going up! I hoping that my amazing, fantastic unbelievable score will carry me easily through admissions, although I am not holding my breath for that. I start seriously ear marking my AAMC book which lists schools and with various pertinent information. I am excited beyond belief but prayerful. In an admissions environment which keeps saying that they are not relying as heavily on MCATs, I am hoping for a more in that direction, even! Oy.

That's pretty much my life right now, along with applying for jobs. I am interviewing on Monday, but the position is entirely non-medical, which is an obvious drawback. Pray and hope that something wonderful will come along here soon. I have a little bit of breathing room for studying thanks to my parents (wonderful parents!) gently encouraging me and backing me up for it.

Family life around the Benitez-Murphy-Everheart "clan" has had some ups and downs recently. My cousin's son graduated from high school today, the first of the younger generation. Payton and Hailey (another part of my "cousin's-children" generation, and my generous house sharers at the moment) have just about finished the regular soccer season. Though Hope has the joy tomorrow of sharing her wedding anniversary with Father's day and one last soccer tournament day. Hailey has been off and on sick, however, for the last two weeks and capped off today's long but successfully rainy day by a round of stomach upset. All five who live in this house pray that this bug remains quarantined and short.

Ok, now that is pretty much my life. Although I do have the joy of extending congratulations next Saturday to a long time friend getting married. And perhaps more importantly (just kidding) she is moving in the DC area. That makes two new DC additions. Hurrah for recruiting people to the crazy weather, pretty but weird DC.

No comments: