Sunday, June 22, 2008

And now. . .

Samantha and I found an apartment this weekend. I really like the look of it all. The location is near my old apartment, but off of Wisconsin Ave. The view can't compare but hey, the back side of the Russian Embassy can't be all bad, can it? Suprisingly the rent was the most reasonable for the any area we actually wanted to live. I did find something cheaper, but Samantha refused to get out of the car to look at it. So we decided it might not work to live there.

Here on the pictures and a videos will follow.


Ok, this is not our view, but it is a pretty cool part of DC Chinatown.
And this also isn't our view, but I did enjoy reminding myself of some of the completely amazing things about living in DC.
This is our view, or part of it and while not as completely awesome as the first two, or even my old view, it is still a pretty acceptable. Samantha preferred the ground floor retaining wall view, but I vetoed that.
And if this view from the apartment isn't good enough for you, at least think, at least it isn't this view. My feet are functional and great. But the tan line hardly adds the necessary je n'ai sais quoi. After an arduous weekend of hunting apartments, we drove out to Chain Bridge and the Potomac Gorge (I will take pictures next time, I promise). Then we returned to the District and parked to join the Smithsonian Folklife festival, which unfortunately starts this week, not this weekend. What we completely missed was the HUGE, HUGE Capital Cookoff that was going on North of the Mall, with large sections of Pennsylvania avenue closed off. I was bummed to have settled for a brownie in the sculpture garden, but I did get to dip my feet in the fountain!

Return to MCAT's tomorrow!

No comments: