Saturday, April 12, 2008

Kill as few patients and possible . . .

No, its not just a tagline. It is one of the funniest books I have read in a long time. For those of us looking at going in to medicine, and those struggling with being in it, it is a much needed reprieve from the seriousness of the entire endeavor. And quite wise, I must say as well. "Rule 28: Praise Nurses and Your Patients Will Live Forever or Die Happy." I know quite a few doctors who could learn that advice! The author is Oscar London.

The second thing I bought simultaneously led to this picture which may be a bit graphic for some of our viewers. Its my version of the "bathroom reader. "

By the way, anyone who comes to visit should do it right now. The weather is absolutely perfect, the trees are in bloom, and soon DC is going to hotter than hell! It appears I will be residing here for a while though, so don't worry too terribly about rushing around and getting the cheap East Coast trip in. You have a few more months at least, and I have finals soon!

No comments: