Friday, March 26, 2010

Its hard to stay when no one else will. . .

Specifically the office. My new clients do tend to stay 'til later hours and then actually leave their work at home (no midnight emails yet). But right this moment its 5:02 pm on Friday night. I want to bolt but I really need to stay an few more minutes. My work so far has been rather limited in scope and interest but I am hopefully that my tasks become more complex and the people will stay friendly and without personality disorders.

I worked out this morning. I am so proud since this has almost become a habit. Unfortunately for every workout and healthy meal, I eat almost commensurate amounts of the junk. Ironically it was easier to eat better before I started trying to eat better. Today my project manager brought in cookies: oatmeal-raison, chocolate chip and sugar cookies. Not super fantastic (actually the oatmeal was rather excellent) but I still ate quiet a few. Ugh. If I truly had stopped to ask the question, "is this really where I want to spend my calorie budget today?" the answer would be "No."

1 comment:

Merissa said...

I understand!!!! Will pray for momentum and learning thrown your way to get you thru everyday fast.