Wednesday, March 3, 2010

I didn't plan to be here, but that's ok

I didn't plan to still be in DC. I planned to be happily returned home to Seattle by now. Except now its more than just me in the US location with licenses plates "Taxation Without Representation." I joined Hope and Terry and Payton and Hailey. My friend from UW, Samantha, moved down from New York. Now Merissa has moved out and so has her best friend Mashari. Suddenly I am surrounded with family and friends. And I have wonderful friends from work: Rebecca and Kristen. God has truly taken away my loneliness for friends that I felt so deeply last winter.

And so I find myself actually living in DC. And apparently staying for while. School ... there are lots of questions there. In a week from Tuesday I will be starting with a new contract, a new client, doing something hopefully a little more interesting and challenging. Still a contractor for the federal government supporting Immigration Customs Enforcement. How completely odd to say that! It has been a learning experience. I hope (I believe) my patience and understanding has increased.

I don't know where I will be in 10 years (I hope I will be doing something I love). It is nice to feel that I may actually be where I am supposed to be for while. For me this is a huge step forward.

No comments: