Friday, March 12, 2010

How did I make it to Friday?

Life seems to be whirling by. Days get longer, months get shorter. How does that happen? Just another time paradox. I can't tell you how lovely it is to have warmer weather here in DC. A balmy 55 and Samantha pulls out her flip-flops for getting to work.

Even the rain today is wonderful. It makes me feel at home away from Seattle, plus it is significantly whittling away at those large piles of snow still left from the February storm. One of the piles has been blocking the path to the bus stop for more than a month and forces every one to climb over it or step straight into the muck.

Last weekend, my friend Aaron and I went biking ride around the Mall. We talked about going again tomorrow morning but I think the rain and "urban flooding" (otherwise known as large puddles) may keep my exercise indoors. I convinced Merissa to try this yoga place in DuPont that I still haven't even been to yet! I have never done yoga actually so trying it out tomorrow should be funny for all the on lookers, at the very least.

I am starting in a new position with my same company, in the same building. Different folks but still working for ICE (Immigration and Customs Enforcement). It will be a whole new challenge. I am getting very excited to start full-time on Tuesday (my current position closes on Monday, March 15, the Ides).

And I am really excited for my birthday this year. March 22 I will be 27 years old. That isn't too bad. I have made it this far without completely messing up. I like being older and growing in confidence and hopefully wisdom. Thank the Lord we don't have to stay 12 for our whole lives

1 comment:

Merissa said...

good use of having your butt stuckt to a chair.=) love you.