Monday, May 17, 2010

2088+ socks: so ridiculous I couldn't make this stuff up

I have decided to write a completely anonymous blog with just the random (excuse the word) crap that actually happens everyday working for the government. Par example: Today, 1044 pairs of socks (2088 individual socks or possibly 1044 pairs of socks per carton with 5 cartons delivered total; we aren't sure) were delivered to my office this afternoon. They were intended for a detention center in El Paso. I guess I am glad it's mid-May and likely fairly warm in Texas this time of year. And I am going to hope that this wasn't a last minute extreme need purchase. Because the vendor made a mistake. And knowing the government and government vendors, its going to be a while before these socks make it to their intended owners. And these boxes will be cluttering my cube walkway for a while.

No comments: