Friday, August 31, 2007

Infinite confidence!

For all of you who have expressed your confidence in me (via posted comments and emails) I thank you and then say "harhar! yeah right!" Today I had my first real content related physics class. I feel as though I have been hit by a large moving vehicle (possibly a Mack truck). I think the problem is I understood the content (or thought I did) until I got there. Vectors are just movement in a direction. After the prof was done with me, adding letters upon letters to my vector understanding, I no longer knew which direction I was going. My displacement was zero though my distance traveled was huge (that is my sad attempt at a physics joke!). Point being I am still at the starting point in understanding having chased my tale in circles.

The surprisingly less than bright spot is the weekend coming. Today is Friday. I have one more class to go then freedom. Tonight I will see my cousin Hope and her family, daughters Payton and Hailey, and husband Terry. I am excited to see them and the dog, but they are leaving tomorrow morning for the coast and I will be house and dog sitting while they enjoy the wonders of North Carolina's Outer Banks for a week. Am I jealous or what! It promises to be a lonely holiday weekend, so anyone feel free to call. Often. I am going to outline a rigorous course of study and try to stay way, way out ahead of my classes, but still, disruptions are wonderful!!

Harley is my bright spot. The dog (who is delightful little pain in the rear) should give me some company. I think I am adjusting a little more roughly this time to returning to DC. After all, when I first came there were so many things to work out, places to find and observe, etc. Now I have my location mapped, all the good grocery stores found (though restaurants I still need to scope). Plus having just been home with a whirlwind social calendar that was utterly exhausting and wonderful and overwhelming, I find the silence of my apartment a little . . . sad. This too shall pass, however.

Pray that I don't use this opportunity to cook and eat myself into oblivion!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It can be lonely in DC but once you really get into your semester everything will be a-okay! I know you, have for many years and suspect this too shall pass for you. Look at the bright spot, I'm moving about 20 miles from you and if you need a place to crash outside of the city you can come stay with us any time. Northern Virginia is a little bit quieter, more peaceful and just plain lovely in the fall.

Hugs,
Shannon