Sunday, April 18, 2010

The White House Garden Tour

I was THAT close to the White House. Thanks to a friend of Mari's (thanks Mashari!) there were two tickets to the White House garden's annual viewing. Merissa and Samantha both had to work today at 3pm. Merissa drove downtown with me but then felt the pressure to get to work and completely missed the tour (the line was ridiculously long!). Luckily I met up with Mashari and Jesse and I didn't have to be completely alone.


The play toy looked kinda fun.

Aren't we completely darling? Janet, Me and Mashari. I just wish Merissa could have been there. It would have been the complete Bible study crew.
Mashari came up with the fantastic pose. It really was amazing to see something to iconic to the US and be so completely closeup.
Wisteria is in bloom.
The view on the South lawn. I don't think I would like being so penned in as President of the US, and be followed everywhere. But I would totally take the house.

The azaleas are definitely in bloom all over DC right now.
Mari wanted a picture with the guys and the big guns. They were not kidding around.
The tree the Eisenhower planted. Some president's definitely got a kick out of planting lots of new trees.

2 comments:

Merissa said...

super sad i missed it. =) glad you guys got to go! love you.

Becky said...

WOW! Didn't even know the White House had a garden :P Very pretty!