Sunday, November 2, 2008

Busy work and busywork

Work has kept me busy. Emotionally contemplative and evaluating to office interplay and politics, but not mentally on my toes. I am looking forward to a learning curve in future jobs that has less to do with learning personalities and more with learning. Despite this, I am enjoying getting paid and being occupied. And just like everything else, this is a good learning work experience. It will be good experience anywhere that has office politics (which is any job, really).

On a more fun note, I love my kitty. Mischief is wonderful, with many lovable and hilarious quirks that make her real and not just a furry lump. When I got her she a little extra weight. I have been trying asiduously to help shave her down the a sleeker size. Apparently cat dieting is not my forte. I am seriuosly thinking she has gotten larger and not smaller. I had been feeding her the store brand cat food she came with until she ran out. Then I tried a natural IAMS chicken and rice blend. It worried me when she didn't seem interested in eating it consistently for the first few days. So I went and bought Purina ONE weight control. I had intended to buy the super natural kind from the pet store, but Metro had a hiccup the same day so I just headed to Safeway rather than possibly getting stuck somewhere away from home by the fire between Metro Stations. The long and short is that Mischief doesn't consistently love this one either AND she still seems chubbier. What is a kitty-mama to do?

Considering I have sick old dog at home with my parents, I am just hoping both my beloved animals can continue comfortably and healthily forever, though I know that is not realistic. My funny Oscar dog has been the best friend a growing girl could have. Unfortunately he hasn't felt up to causing trouble lately. I am praying he will feel better soon, that by the time Thanksigiving comes around Oscar will be up to enjoying some turkey and gravy.

No comments: